Monday, September 27, 2010

Things I have learned about myself since moving to the Dominican Republic

Since arriving in the Dominican Republic almost nine months ago, I have learned a lot about myself.  I have learned things that I may never have known if I had never plopped myself right in the middle of another culture.  Some of them are spiritual, some of them are comical, some of them are just random.  I was thinking about some of these realizations the other day and decided to start a list on here and add to it as they occur to me. So...

THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT MYSELF SINCE MOVING TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC:

1. I love grape pop.
2. I have a fear of turkeys
3. I will never be able to dance the merengue how it is meant to be danced
4. I am capable of getting used to ice cold showers every day.
5. The JOY that God gave me, shows itself in a physical way.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you had to move to DR to know how great grape pop is. I could have told you that, I didn't know that you didn't know.
    Glad #4 is happening for you, I just don't know if that is something I could ever do.
    #5 - awesome!

    ReplyDelete