Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Random Facts

Since arriving in the DR, I have spent a lot of time learning about culture.  Both American culture and Dominican culture.  I have talked a little bit about cultural differences in the past, but there are so many more random facts (that I find interesting) that I have learned.  I thought I would start a new series of posts and share some of these random interesting facts as they occur to me.

#1 Halls cough drops are everywhere here.  Every colmado and mini-market has them.  They are one peso each.  If they don't have correct change for you, they will get as close and they can with coins and then give you the rest in Halls.  Both adults and children eat them like candy.  And not just the fruity ones, the intense Halls in the blue and black wrapping too.  If you are with someone and they need to run into a colmado for something, you can be sure that you will be offered a Halls when they get back.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment