Friday, February 15, 2013

Thank you.

My parents left early in the morning last Saturday.  It had been over two weeks with my mom, and Ruth, and then my dad.  The week with the grannies was really busy.  We were constantly changing the schedule to fit more and more in.  Then we had a few days at the beach with my parents.  We had a great time relaxing and spending time as a family.   

After they left, Saturday and Sunday were a little bit difficult for me.  I had said three goodbyes in less than a week and I was facing a week that was sure to be very busy catching up on the things that I had not had time to do when they were here and getting ready for our next work team that arrives Sunday.  I was kind of stressed but mostly I was just sad.  I felt like I was alone again.

But God didn't let me feel sorry for myself for very long.  Over the last couple of days, He has reminded me that I am not alone.  He has given me an appreciation for my husband and for his love for me.  (I actually have been thinking about writing a whole blog post about how great Eddy is... but I don't know if anyone wants to read that.)  God has also opened my eyes even more to my staff at the preschool and how amazing they are and how much I care about them and they care about me.

God has also been filling me with a joy and an excitement for the ministry and for my life here in the DR that I haven't felt in a long time.

This past weekend, I was too busy feeling bad for my self that I didn't pray for joy or for a contentment with my life, but I think somebody did.  I don't know who, but somebody was praying for me.  And God answered.  So I just want to say that if it was you...

THANK YOU.

 

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how hard it is being so far away from your family! But so thankful for the peace and contentment that only God can give! Also, thankful that you have such a supportive and loving husband- what a gift! Praying that God continues to bless you and Eddy in your work!

    ReplyDelete