Friday, December 18, 2015

Glimpse into our Life - Dominican Christmas Trees

Celebrating Christmas in the Dominican Republic is quite different than celebrating in the United States.  The traditions are much different.  For example, this morning we were kept awake from about 4 am until about 6 am by a group of "mananitas" walking around our neighborhood playing drums and singing and celebrating the season. 

This will be my fourth Christmas spent in the Dominican Republic and each year I notice new differences in the way we celebrate.  This year I noticed several unique Christmas trees up around the country.  Finally, last week, I started taking pictures when I spotted them.  Here are a few of the pictures.  Can you tell what they are made out of?




All of these Christmas trees are made out of plastic bottles.  They even put lights in them so that at night they are lit up.  I have seen these all over the country in different neighborhoods, and I always think that they look really cool.  Has anyone seen anything like this in the United States?

No comments:

Post a Comment