Thursday, April 8, 2010

the last two weeks

Here are some pictures of the people in my life.


This is a picture of me with Eddy and Katie, my two best friends down here. Katie is leaving to go back to Kansas Saturday morning. :(






This is a picture of Katie with our neighbors. They came over the other night because the twins needed help with their english homework. They brought 'arroz con leche' for us to eat as well. They are always bringing food over for us. Yesterday it was mangoes, and today we went over to their apartment for lunch. It was amazing.






This is a picture of the 'Hernandez family'. It was taken at the monument. Guille, Shelley, Mark, and Sarah, with their two new adopted members of the family.





Here are some of the highlights of the week that the Illiana group was here.


This is a picture of me and Katie shopping at the beach.












This is a picture of me running the projector for the praise team at church on Sunday.










In this picture I am playing ball in the rain with some of the kids, while other people worked.
:)











In this picture the Illiana group is singing a song in Spanish as part of our Sunday service.














This was taken at our goodbye activity.








This last picture shows how we filled the columns with cement. In case you can't see, they are passing buckets full of cement up to the top, dumping it in, and passing them back down. We filled seven columns that way. It was a long, but successful day.

3 comments:

  1. Katlyn came over yesterday so I could see all her pictures. I have the picture of your "new" family and the Illiana group picture on our frig where we can see it every day. She didn't have the picture of them in church. I like the last picture of them passing the buckets. What teamwork! Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for not putting any of the shockingly terrible pictures of me on here.

    I'm with Momma Hoekstra- I love the bucket passing picture.

    I almost cried today in church when I thought about Alejandro/Eliseo sleeping on my lap during church. I miss them, and you!
    Love you! (Oh and be praying for my meeting with my college pastor this week!)I am keeping you very much in my prayers!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look very happy and pretty in the picture of you running the projector for the praise team. So happy for you that you have such a great family out there. The one here misses you very much and is very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete