Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bendiciones

It is Thursday evening and I am still at the church/school and I have a couple hours before church starts, so I thought I would take advantage of the fact that I was able to connect with the internet. Today was a good day. A group of high school students from the states came today for a special chapel. They sang and had a puppet show, the kids loved it. This high school comes down here every year for a week for their senior trip and spend time at different churches and schools. I will post a couple pictures of them along with my pictures of kindergarten and first grade.

Over the next week a lot of things are going to be changing. Tomorrow night a girl named Katie is flying in to help at the school. She is going to be here for a month. I don't really know anything about her, but I will be getting to know her because we are going to be roommates. On Tuesday, I will be moving out of the Hernandez' house and into an apartment. Another missionary is going to be in the states for four months and I am going to be staying in her apartment. Katie is going to be staying with me while she is here. Next Friday, two more people will be flying in to help with the construction for a week, and at the end of the month, a group from Illiana is going to be coming down for a week as well.

The last couple months, since I got here, have been pretty low key. Which was good. It gave me a chance to get adjusted to life here. Staying with Guille and Shelley and the kids has been great. It was good to feel like a part of the family. But now it feels like I am moving into a new stage of life down here. It's a little sad, but I am also excited about it. I will be forced to be more independent. Which, in this country, can be a little scary. Especially since I don't know the language. Also, from this point on, things are going to be much busier. We have so many people coming and going and a lot of work to do preparing for the rest of the school year.

The kids are playing soccer inside and Shelley's phone just rang, so I better go deal with some things. I will try to post those pictures tomorrow. Bendiciones, Carrie

1 comment:

  1. carrie,
    So good to hear how you are doing! We are well and will continue to pray for you.
    Aunt Gloria

    ReplyDelete