Thursday, September 1, 2011

Home

Today was our first full day living in our new place and it was a good day.  A pretty normal, uneventful day, but a good day.  We spent the day without any electricity organizing and cleaning and trying to put the house in order.  We also went to the school and visited for a while.  It was good to see everyone.  We have a few meetings there tomorrow and we will be back full time on Monday.  We went to La Sirena and got some groceries and a new bookcase.  I made Eddy's favorite dinner, we relaxed on the couch for a little while and now we are listening to music while Eddy puts together the bookcase and I blog.  This is actually our second night at home, but last night the electricity was out so we were in the dark.  Tonight I thought I would take advantage and update my blog.  Every once in a while I have to stop to hold something in place for him or hand him something.  I decided to stop giving any input or suggestions as a form of helping pretty early on and now I am just watching in silent amusement and lending a hand when I can.  I am feeling very blessed and very happy.

I am looking forward to building a life here together.  I am looking forward to my new job and responsibilities at the school, to trying new recipes (when I can find the ingredients) until I find at least a few that Eddy likes, to spending lots of time across the street with his cousins and the newest member of the family, Isaac, who was born yesterday, to inviting the girls (Eddy's nieces who I used to live with) over in the evenings because we miss them, to hosting Eddy's mom and aunts when they stop randomly to visit, to skyping with my family and friends, to running down to the house next door that always has really good natural juice for sale, to inviting both my American and Dominican friends over because now we finally have a place of our own... But most of all, I am looking forward to many, many days and evenings like this one; normal, uneventful days building a life together as husband and wife.  God has blessed me and I am so thankful.
almost done
he did use the directions (to hold the nails)
mission accomplished
 Psalm 16:9 "Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure"

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. I like this post, it oozes contentment. Eddy looks very happy and handsome. But don't tell him I said handsome because his ego doesn't need it. :) He's proud enough of himself for putting together that great looking shelf.

    Isaac! What a perfect name. Can't wait to see pictures?

    Just a reminder of this moment I just thought of: "Estoy roncando.... nice!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie I am so happy for the both of u as u start your "new" adventure. It is so exciting to finally have your own place--I remember that feeling! May your days be filled with the wonderment of each other as u grow together in Gods love. Praying for u all the time! Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete