Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Evening

It is 10 pm here in the Dominican Republic and for the last four hours or so I have been hanging out at the church watching the praise team practice for a fundraiser concert that we are having on Saturday night.  I can't really remember why I decided to come in the first place, I don't know why I ever thought it would only last an hour or so, none of us have eaten dinner yet and there is no end in sight.   Having said all that, I am definitely glad that I am here, because it is a pretty amazing thing to watch.  We borrowed a drum set from another church, and we have four musicians from other churches joining our praise team to play the additional instruments.  They are all learning how to play together and form one praise team.  It is kind of a disaster, but no one is giving up and I'm pretty sure that the practice will not be ending anytime soon.  I wish I had the words to express what it is like to be watching this group of people from three different countries (Dominican Republic, United States, and Haiti) working together and praising God.  Right now they are practicing a song that translates to "I will praise, I will praise, I will praise my Lord!"  I did take a couple pictures and even video.  My internet connection is very poor right now, but I will post the pictures and video when I get home (whatever time that may be).








No comments:

Post a Comment