Thursday, January 19, 2012

Prayers

The school is going through a trial right now and it is very difficult on everyone.  I cannot share too much about what is going on right now, but I would like to ask for your prayers and share a story of what happened to me today.

Today has been an especially difficult day for me.  I care so much about this school and the children that it reaches out to.  I don't want to see any harm come to the school or the children.  As I pray, read the Bible, and listen to Christian music, God is helping me through it.  At a particularly difficult point today, one of the assistants popped her head in to ask me to watch the kids for a minute (the teacher is out on a personal day, so she was by herself).  It was during their play time, and usually the kids don't pay much attention to you if you come in at that time, but today one of the little girls stopped playing, came over to me and gave me a gigantic hug.  I know that God touched her heart to do that, because it was exactly what I needed.  This child in particular is one that is part of our sponsorship program, her family struggles financially, and if our school did not exist she would not be receiving a good education or a Christian education.  Serving these children is my motivation.  It is a calling from God and He will give me the strength and determination to continue no matter what obstacles arrive. 

Thank you all for your support and your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment