Monday, August 25, 2014

Glimpse into our life - Sobrinas

This is a picture of me with our three sobrinas (nieces).  They are my loves.  My life would not be the same without them and I consider myself to be truly blessed to be their tia (aunt).  On the left is Jenny.  On the right is Adriana and Adrianys.  Adriana and Adrianys are sisters.  For the full year before Eddy and I got married I lived with Adriana, Adrianys and their mom (Eddy's sister, Guillermina).  They are a huge part of my life.

 In May the girls, and their mom, moved to New York to be with their dad.  Their family had been working very hard for years to get their visas for them to be able to move the states to live with him.  We celebrated that their family is reunited, but we miss them terribly.  They call us a couple times a week to talk one the phone and catch up.  Here is a picture of them at the airport, ready to go.



There is probably nobody that misses those girls more than Jenny.  Jenny and Adrianys were born days apart and the three girls are the best of friends.  (Jenny's mom is Eddy's other sister, Gloria.)  The girls lived right down the street from us, but Jenny and her mom live farther away so we have to be more intentional about spending time with her.  Jenny comes over to our house about a once week to visit us.  We bake together and play Jenga and hang out with Eddy.  She also comes to church with us most Sundays and participates in the activities that the church has for the kids.  We love her dearly and are so thankful to have her in our lives.




1 comment: