Friday, August 22, 2014

Glimpses into our life - First day of school


Hi All,

I've been thinking and praying a lot about this blog of mine that I have been ignoring for several months and neglected for far longer.  For a while I was considering shutting it down, but as I thought about it, I realized that it is such a great tool for connecting with all of you.

We have such an amazing group of friends and family and supporters in the states.  We love when some of you have a chance to come visit and get to see firsthand our life down here in the DR and we love catching up with you all when we are in the states and telling you stories about our lives.  I realize that most of you reading this have no idea what our day-to-day lives are like.  You don't know what its like to live in a barrio in the Dominican Republic, but in talking with some of you, you seem to be really interested to know.

I would love to start writing on here again someday about some of the deep stuff.  To share my continued testimony with you and talk about the heavy stuff and the way that God is moving and working in our lives.  But for now, what I really want to do is just reconnect with you all and start sharing our lives with you.

So what I've decided to do is start a new series of blog posts called "glimpses into our life".  A few times a week, I will post a few pictures with a short post explaining the most recent "glimpse" into our life.  Each post will focus on one small aspect of our life; from what our home looks like, to the struggles of doing laundry in the Dominican Republic, to our church activities, to Eddy's family, to why we are afraid of mosquito bites, and the list will go on.

To start us off today, the first "glimpse into our life" is an easy one.  This Tuesday was: THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.  This is the fifth school year that I will be present for here at Pathway to Jesus School (and, I think, the ninth or tenth for Eddy.)  Luckily the school has started off very smoothly (with very little crying at the preschool side).  Here are a couple of pictures.

Cafeteria at the elementary building

some of the big kids

KINDER - 4 year olds

PARVULO - 2 year olds


MATERNAL - 3 year olds

No comments:

Post a Comment