Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday and Shelley remembered before I did. When I walked into the living room her and the kids immediately started singing Happy Birthday to me, before that I had completely forgotten that it was my birthday. I wonder how long it would have taken me to remember.

Yesterday was a good day. I accidentally slept until 1 pm since I was kept awake all night by loud music and then all morning by haitians working on the house next door. Then we went to meet Darlene and saw the apartment that I will be living in starting March 9, it's really nice but it is intimidating to think about living here all by myself.

Last night we had church. It was nice to be back in a place that is familiar. Everyone is so welcoming, each one came up and said hi and gave me a hug. Well I'm not sure what they said, but I am sure it was nice and I ended up with a sleeping three year old in my lap for the first half of the service. I was actually surprised how much I was able to follow the sermon considering it was in Spanish, I was able to pick up a lot.

Today we are going to go work at the school and see the progress that has been made at the new building and tomorrow we have the staff Christmas party, so I will be able to meet the rest of my new co-workers. That is all for now. Sorry, no pictures yet. Soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment